Circuit breakers play an important role in the safe distribution of electrical power. The equipment needs to be operated, maintained and installed in a safe manner securing continuity of supply to consumers. Circuit switchers have been developed to overcome some of the limitations of fusing for substation power transformers. The method or arc extinction determines the types of circuit breaker.
Circuit switchers have SF6 gas interrupters and are designed to provide three-phase interruption (solving the unbalanced voltage considerations) and to provide protection for transient over-voltages and overloads at a competitive cost between the costs of power fuses and circuit breakers.
The seminar will highlight:
- The Circuit breaker and its associated fault detection equipment, protective relaying, is an extremely important device, through its role of clearing short-circuit currents, disconnecting faulty elements from the power network, and thus maintaining the overall integrity of the power network.
- If faults are not controlled they can cause unnecessary loss of electricity service with all of its many ramifications.
- The circuit breaker selection and arc extinction methods are of great importance.
- Minimizing downtime by proper and systematic maintenance program.
At the end of the seminar, you will learn to:
- Appreciate the importance of preventive maintenance check and servicing of the various types of circuit breakers
- Determine safe systems of work and operations
- Develop maintenance activities and maintaining system safety
- Understand the component functionalities of the gas and vacuum circuit breakers
- Explain methods of arc extinction for MV HV circuit breakers
Participants will be able to share knowledge and first hand experiences related to circuit breaker operations and maintenance. Active participation between trainer and delegates and among delegates will be carried out by discussing case studies, video clips and power point presentation. Open discussions among delegates will result in formulating solutions to maintenance issues of circuit breakers.
This Training is for
- Senior Authorized Persons
- Switching Engineers
- Electrical Network Operators
- Electrical & Protection Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Switchgear Maintenance Technicians
- EHS Professionals
|Introduction – Switchgear & General Principles of Arc Extinction
|Vacuum & SF6 Gas
|Day 3||International Standards
Milind Kulkarni – Switchgear Design Consultant
With over 25 years of experience in the switchgear manufacturing industry, our principal engineer, the seminar author and presenter, Milind Kulkarni, has been involved in the design, development, testing, manufacturing and commissioning of Switchgears and RMU’s since 1989. He has worked as a design engineer, product design & development team leader, factory manager and general manager with leading switchgear and RMU manufacturing companies. Currently he serves as the design consultant trainer for switchgear operations and maintenance.
Design Engineer – Breaker Manufacturing
ABB – (www.new.abb.com )
From Jan 1989 – Jun 2001
Factory Manager – RMU Manufacturing
Lucy Switchgear, Dubai (www.lucyelectric.com )
From Aug 2001 – Jun 2008
General Manager – Switchgear
Jyoti Ltd. Vadodra, Gujart. (www.jyoti.com )
From Jan 2011 – Oct 2014
Switchgear Design, Installation & Commissioning Consultant
From 2014 – Present
Training the World Leaders in Energy Industry